The Workshop for September is Tuesday, the 24th in the Quilt Guild Room at the Hyde Park City Center 10:00 a.m.
Annette Rose is coming to give a hands on service to our sewing machines. She will teach us how to clean, oil, check for problems, trouble shooting, and repair minor things.
Any brand of machine is welcome ~
And it doesn't matter what condition your machine is in ~
What to Bring ~- your sewing machine
- “standard” presser foot (foot with a flat bottom that can do all the stitches — not an embroidery foot)
- little screw driver, L-wrench and/or star wrench from your accessory case
- lint brush (or stiff paint brush)
- sewing machine oil
- 2 medium screw drivers — flat and phillips
- 2 spools good quality thread (Metler or Guterman or Aurifil) light color for bobbin and medium/dark color for top thread
- eye glasses and battery light source if you need them
- old towel that can get greasy (to put under your machine as you work on it)
- 2 cleaning rags- extension cord (just in case)
This sounds like a great learning experience that can save you lots of $$$
The "What to Check Before You Bring Your Machine to the Shop," sheet will be available for $3.50.
See Ya There!!